There is funding available through the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), and parents can apply or get an advocate to assist. The Low Intensity Support Services (LISS~formerly known as Rolling Access funds), year runs from July 1 thru June 30.
Parents need to:
- show proof of disability (doctor’s note, IEP, etc.)
- supply information on the actual therapy, school, medication, etc. An Invoice can be provided by the Cisco Center.
Funding is available through:
- Low Intensity Support Services (LISS), Penn.Mar Human Services, 877.282.8202 Penn.Mar.org
- Bello Machre: 410.255.3805 BelloMachre.org
- The Coordinating Center Take-A-Break Funding: 410.987.1048 CoordinatingCenter.org
- Humanim: 410.381.7171 Humanim.com
- The United Health Care Children’s Foundation: 800.328.5979 ext. 24459 UHCCF.org
- Maggie’s Light, Mary Anne Breschi, MaggiesLight.org/respite.care
- ACT Today: ACT-Today.org
- Sports for Kids: SportsForKids.org
- National Autism Association (NAA): NationalAutismAssociation.org
- Talk About Curing Autism (TACA): TACANOW.org
- DDA’s Low Intensity Support Services (LISS) DDAMaryland.org
The Cisco Center will assist parents through this process. There are additional opportunities for grants and funding sources available to parents upon request.